Superabsorbent non-adherent wound dressing
Askina® Absorb+ is a highly absorbing dressing which can retain and lock large amounts of wound exudate. It consists of an inner pad made of strong water-retaining polymeric fibers encased in a non-woven outer pouch. In contact with wound exudate the liquid is converted and retained as a soft and flexible gel, which helps to clean the wound and maintain a moist environment.
- High, long lasting absorption capacity
- High retention (no sponge effect)
- Gradual absorption without "Gel Lock"
- Remains soft and flexible even when saturated
- Low adherent wound contact surface
- No "dry spill" of superabsorbent material
Management of moderately to heavily exuding, partial to full thickness wounds, such as:
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous and arterial leg ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- First and second degree burns
- Traumatic wounds