Everything you love about foam — and more.
Foam dressings give you:
- A waterproof top layer that permits evaporation of excess moisture while protecting against viral/bacterial penetration, allowing the patient to shower and bathe
- A soft, absorbent foam pad to enhance patient comfort and absorb excess fluid
- A Hydrofiber® contact layer that gels on contact with wound fluid and helps provide an optimal environment for wound healing
- A gentle silicone adhesive that provides secure, skin-friendly adhesion, easy removal and demonstrated low potential for dermal irritation or allergic contact sensitisation
interface in AQUACEL®
- Reduces pain while dressing is in situ,
- In its gelled state, supports non-traumatic dressing removal
- Does not damage tender, granulating wound tissue during dressing changes
- Upon removal, results in low cellular adhesion in both wet and dry environments
What’s more, AQUACEL®
Foam dressings can be used as part of a comprehensive protocol to help protect patients from skin breakdown tied to friction and moisture, including complications such as pressure ulcers.
Technology gives AQUACEL®
dressings powerful capabilities.